Causative / Cause and Effect ( Neden - Sonuç ) Konu Anlatımı
a. fiilinin, anlamında iki türlü kullanımı vardır:
That horror film
Listen.This joke will
My father the car yesterday.
Eating too much usually brings about fatness.
Loud music can cause headache.
Having a credit card causes my father to spend more money.
Watching too much TV results in eye problems.
Laziness leads to poverty.
make someone do something:
My father makes me wash his car sometimes. I hate it.
let someone do something:
My father lets me drive his car. Thanx Dad!
get someone to do something:
My father got met o see the dentist. It was a good idea.
1. The causative means that 'someone causes someone to do something'.
2. We generally use the following verbs "get, have, and make" for the causatives.
a. John got Susan to rake the leaves.
b. John had Susan rake the leaves.
c.John made Susan rake the leaves.
Notice in a that there is a in . Notice in b and c that there is no .
3. Get gives the idea of persuasion, have is asking, and make is forcing or strong convincing. There is not much difference between have and get.
4. These causative verbs can be in any verb tense:
a. I am making my students write the exam again next week because they did so poorly.
b. I have been having my kids shovel the sidewalks after every snowfall.
c. I have to get my wife to pick me up after work because my car is in for repairs.
- Causative / Cause and Effect ( Neden - Sonuç ) Konu Anlatımı
- Can - May - Must - Should Konu Anlatımı
- Will or Going To Konu Anlatımı
- Must - Have to Konu Anlatımı
- So - Such Konu Anlatımı
- When - While Konu Anlatımı
- Ever - Never Konu Anlatımı
- Need Konu Anlatımı
- Either, Neither, Too, So Kullanımı Konu Anlatımı
- As Kullanımı Konu Anlatımı
- Whoever, Whatever, Whichever, Whenever Konu Anlatımı
- Prefer and Would Rather Konu Anlatımı
- Although, in spite of, Despite Konu Anlatımı
- So That - In Case Konu Anlatımı
- Question Tags Konu Anlatımı
- Modals ( Kipler ) Konu Anlatımı
- Already, Yet, Just ve Arasındaki Farklar Konu Anlatımı